New improvements for my blog
Heloooo my dear reader,
I created this blog with some interesting technologies in order to develop my skills on the web. In this post I talked about the birth of the blog.
And now I bring some updates:
- Dark Mode: Nowadays dark themes are a hype, so I couldn’t let this feature out, as I use Tailwind as a CSS framework made it very easy.
- I18n (Internationalization): Did you know that i18n is an abbreviation for internationalization, since there are 18 letters between i and n. But following, my blog is now international, I had to add a new CMS, I already used Cosmic.JS, but the free version does not offer internationalization. Then I added Contentful which gives free 2 languages for your content in the free version.
- New CMS Contentful: I added one more CMS to my blog. Now it takes content from Contentful and Cosmic.JS, this was done so that I didn't have to migrate the content between platforms. This proces was facilitated by design pattern factory, with which I normalized the data consumed by my application and parseed the data for each api.
- Newsletter: I added a box to subscribe to my newsletter with content from the blog. I used the Mailchimp APIs to manage the newsletter emails. In the future I want to automatically generate emails for each post, as well as send notifications to readers.
- RSS (Rich Site Summary): I added a summary of my website's publications here. With RSS it is possible to use news subscription systems to be notified of news on the blog.
What will be the next features of my blog? Make suggestions in the comments.